Admissions requirements for persons who are neither a Canadian Citizen nor an Official Permanent Resident of Canada nor a Convention Refugee, defined as “international students.”
In addition to meeting admissions requirements defined in the preceding sections, international students seeking to enroll at LaSalle College Vancouver must submit each of the following items:
Prospective students who wish to attend LaSalle College Vancouver and do not qualify as a mature student must have successfully completed the requirements for secondary school graduation or equivalent, as set by the recognized legal authority in the jurisdiction where secondary school was completed. In the absence of such legal authority, LaSalle College Vancouver reserves the right to examine academic credentials on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants must provide documentation in the form of official school transcripts sent directly from the institution to LaSalle College Vancouver that clearly indicate that the requirements for graduation have been met and the date of graduation. Documentation from outside of Canada will be evaluated by LaSalle College Vancouver prior to acceptance. For countries where it may not be possible to have official documentation sent directly from the institution, applicants should consult with their Admissions representative to determine what forms of documentation are acceptable. In some cases, evaluation by a credential evaluation agency may be required.
An applicant who holds a post-secondary diploma, associate’s degree or higher may submit proof of that credential as evidence of satisfying the secondary school graduation requirement. Secondary school applicants who have not yet graduated should submit a partial transcript that indicates their expected graduation date in order to be evaluated for early conditional acceptance. Applicants who are unable to provide documentation of having completed a high school diploma or GED due to a natural disaster destroying the records or the institution having been closed may submit the following for consideration in addition to completing an attestation of High School Diploma or GED completion:
Instruction at LaSalle College Vancouver is conducted in English. Students whose first language is not the language of instruction are required to undergo a Language Proficiency Assessment prior to enrollment in order to ensure they have the language abilities necessary to successfully complete the program of their choice. Language proficiency requirements are admission requirements and may not be waived by either the institution or the student. The following are accepted:
|English Language Proficiency Benchmarks|
|Evaluation||Certificate & Diploma||Bachelor's Degree|
B1 Preliminary for Schools
|B2 First (FCE) 160+|
B1 (formerly known as B1+,
i.e., @51 - 58 on GSE)
Equivalent scores based on other standardized English language proficiency tests could also be considered on a case by case basis.
N.B. All scores must have been obtained within two years of the start date of the program to be considered valid.
|ESL Pathway Institutions & Requirements|
|Pathway Partners||Certificate & Diploma||Bachelor Degree|
|Languages Across Borders (LAB) Vancouver||Level 6||Level 7|
|Columbia College||English 097||English 097|
|EC Canada (Embassy English)||B2 Upper Intermediate||B2+ Pre-Advanced|
|EF International Language Schools||All three B2 Certificates||All three C1 Certificates|
|ELS Canada||Level 108||Level 109|
|Embassy English||Upper Intermediate||Upper Intermediate|
|Eurocentres||B2-Upper Intermediate||C1-Advanced Level|
|Global Village||Level 5 Certificate||Level 7 Certificate|
|ILAC||Pathway 2.1 Certificate/ Level 12||Pathway 3.1 Certificate/ Level 14|
|ILSC||University Pathway - Level I4||University Pathway - Level A1|
|Inlingua - Vancouver||Level 3B||UPC|
|International House (Vancouver/Whistler)||EAP 1||EAP 2|
|iTTTi||General English - Upper Intermediate||General English - Upper Intermediate|
|Kaplan Vancouver||B1 - Intermediate||B2 - Higher Intermediate|
|Sprott Shaw Language College||ESL Level 4||ESL Level 5|
|St. George International College (SGIC)||Pre-Pathway Program (PPP)||University & College Pathway Program (UCPP)|
|VGC||Level 7||Level 8|
|VanWest College||Level 6 Certificate||Level 7 Certificate|
|Zoni Canada||Higher Intermediate - Level 3||
Higher Intermediate - Level 4
*The accepted English Language Requirements and Pathways options are subject to change. LaSalle College Vancouver reserves the right to amend the table from time to time.
The language of instruction at LCV is English. Applicants can demonstrate their English language competency in one of the following ways:
1) Achieve minimum scores on tests of English proficiency as described in the English Language Proficiency table below.
2) For degree applicants, achieve a grade of 68 percent in any one of: BC English 12, English Literature 12, English 12 First Peoples, Communications 12 or Technical and Professional Communications 12 or equivalent in another high school system. For diploma applicants, achieve a grade of 55 percent in any one of: BC English 12, English Literature 12, English 12 First Peoples, Communications 12 or Technical and Professional Communications 12 or equivalent in another high school system. Equivalencies can only be determined by the Chief Academic Officer.
3) Advanced Placement (AP) English Language or English Literature, minimum grade of 3 or 68 percent.
4) International Baccalaureate (IB) English Language A1 or A2 (Higher or Standard level), minimum grade of 5 or better.
5) Proof of undergraduate or higher degree conferral from a recognized post-secondary institution where English is the language of instruction.
6) Achieve 68 percent or higher in 100-level English language course at a recognized post-secondary institution.
7) Successful completion of a minimum of two consecutive full-time semesters or quarters of post-secondary course work, with a minimum overall score of 68% or equivalent for degree and 55% for diploma, at a recognized college or university in which English is the language of instruction. Successful completion is defined as passing all courses for which the student was registered during the two semesters.
8) Achieve a PASS on GED administered in English.
9) Completion of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course at LCV with a minimum grade of 68%. Degree students must achieve 68% or higher in EAP Level II, and diploma students must achieve 68% or higher in EAP Level I.
10) 480 score or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Section of the SAT.
All international applicants to LaSalle College Vancouver must meet the same admissions standards as all other students. In addition to the Admissions Requirements above, students presenting transcripts or credentials earned outside Canada will be evaluated internally and may be required to provide a credential evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE)-member credential evaluation service and an English translation (if applicable). International students will also be required to present evidence of financial support sufficient to cover the duration of their stay prior to receiving the Letter of Acceptance. Please speak with an Admissions Representative to determine eligibility and learn more.