The Canadian government has modified the entry and quarantine requirements for people travelling by air into the country.
Before you Leave for Canada
1. Download the ArriveCan Application. The ArriveCAN app is available for iPhone and Android and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. This app must be setup before you arrive at immigration in Canada because the immigration officer will provide you with a TOKEN NUMBER you will need to enter.
2. As of January 7, 2021, students must present a negative Covid-19 test prior to boarding a flight to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test and must be taken within 72 hours prior to your scheduled departure to Canada.
3. As of February 21, 2021, students are also required to:
• Reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights prior to departure to Canada.
• To book your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover, call 1-800-294-8253 (from within North America) or 1-613-830-2992 (collect call from outside North America).
When you Arrive in Canada
1. Take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
2. Stay in the government-authorized hotel to wait for the results of the COVID-19 molecular test taken on arrival.
3. Travelers must pay for the cost of the hotel stay, as well as all associated costs for:
• infection prevention and control measures
Travelers must present proof of having reserved and pre-paid for their accommodation through ArriveCAN. Travelers will still be required to complete the
remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine after their mandatory hotel stopover.
Any students with questions on this process should reach out to Justine Higgs in our Student Services department at email@example.com.Download International Student Arrival Guide.