The Princeton Review, known for its education services and school rankings, has once again recognized LaSalle College Vancouver as the top school in Canada for Game Design.
The Review surveys schools in the U.S., Canada and abroad based collected data from 150 institutions that offer game design courses, majors, or degree programs. The survey analyzes information in academics, faculty, technology, and career prospects and covers everything from courses and facilities to graduates’ starting salaries and professional achievements. In all, more than 40 data points are analyzed to tally the rankings.
“The schools that made our lists this year have stellar programs for aspiring game designers and developers,” said Robert Franek, The Princeton Review's Editor-in-Chief. “Their faculties are outstanding, and their facilities are awesome. Just as impressive: their alumni include many of the video game industry’s most prominent artists, designers, developers, and entrepreneurs.”
The latest ranking marks a decade-long achievement and recognition in a thriving industry that offers LaSalle College Vancouver game design graduates rewarding and robust career opportunities. Game design students at schools on the list also gain valuable professional experience. According to The Princeton Review's survey for this year’s rankings, 62% of undergrad and 70% of grad students enrolled in the schools' game design programs worked on games that shipped before they graduated.
“Most schools and faculty are proud of the work they do to bring quality education to their students. However, it’s very special when an outside organization like the Princeton Review endorses the program as it shows how much LaSalle College Vancouver is committed to excellence,” Jason Dewling, President LaSalle College Vancouver. “Students can feel confident that the education they are getting is equal to the best in North America.”
The Princeton Review has reported its "Top Schools for Game Design" ranking lists annually since 2010. In 2013, the company teamed up with PC Gamer, a monthly magazine published by Future plc, as its annual reporting partner on this project.
The top 15 schools on The Princeton Review’s list, "Top 50 Undergraduate Schools to Study Game Design for 2019," are:
1. University of Southern California (Los Angeles)
2. New York University (Brooklyn, NY)
3. Becker College (Worcester, MA)
4. DigiPen Institute of Technology (Redmond, WA)
5. Hampshire College (Amherst, MA)
6. Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
7. Michigan State University (East Lansing)
8. Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
9. Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Worcester, MA)
10. University of Utah (Salt Lake City)
11. Miami University (Oxford, OH)
12. Bradley University (Peoria, IL)
13. University of Central Florida (Orlando)
14. Cogswell College (San Jose, CA)
15. LaSalle College Vancouver (Vancouver, British Columbia)