The Princeton Review, known for its education services and school rankings, has once again recognized LaSalle College Vancouver as the top school in Canada for Game Design.
The Review surveys schools in the U.S., Canada and abroad based collected data from 150 institutions that offer game design courses, majors, or degree programs. The survey analyzes information in academics, faculty, technology, and career prospects and covers everything from courses and facilities to graduates’ starting salaries and professional achievements. In all, more than 40 data points are analyzed to tally the rankings."The schools on our 2021 lists all offer standout programs for students considering careers in game design," said Rob Franek, The Princeton Review's Editor-in-Chief. "Their faculties are superlative. Their facilities are state-of-the-art. Their alumni include many of the video game industry’s most prominent artists, designers, developers, and entrepreneurs.”
The latest ranking marks over a decade-long achievement and recognition in a thriving industry that offers LaSalle College Vancouver game design graduates rewarding and robust career opportunities. Game design students at schools on the list also gain valuable professional experience.
“Most schools and faculty are proud of the work they do to bring quality education to their students. However, it’s very special when an outside organization like the Princeton Review endorses the program as it shows how much LaSalle College Vancouver is committed to excellence,” Jason Dewling, President LaSalle College Vancouver. “Students can feel confident that the education they are getting is equal to the best in North America.”
The Princeton Review has reported its "Top Schools for Game Design" ranking lists annually since 2010. In 2013, the company teamed up with PC Gamer, a monthly magazine published by Future plc, as its annual reporting partner on this project.
The top 15 schools on The Princeton Review’s list, "Top 50 Undergraduate Schools to Study Game Design for 2021," are:
1. University of Southern California (Los Angeles)
2. Becker College (Worcester, MA)
3. New York University (Brooklyn, NY)
4. Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
5. DigiPen Institute of Technology (Redmond, WA)
6. Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Worcester, MA)
7. Michigan State University (East Lansing)
8. University of Utah (Salt Lake City)
9. Bradley University (Peoria, IL)
10. Shawnee State University (Portsmouth, OH)
11. LaSalle College Vancouver (Vancouver, British Columbia)
12. Vancouver Film School (Vancouver, British Columbia)
13. Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
14. University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL)
15. Abertay University