A message to the campus community from LaSalle College Vancouver's President, Dr. Jason Dewling:
We trust you are adapting to our new reality and making the best of a difficult situation. We have been busy planning for your return to the campus and are following the guidance from provincial health authorities as we make those plans. As the provincial health agency has started to lift measures around the province it is important that we update you on what the next steps look like for LaSalle College Vancouver. Our approach will allow us to deliver high-quality teaching and learning – while ensuring the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. It is based on the guidelines and direction of the Provincial Health Officer, public health agencies, and the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. These include:
- Prioritizing the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrating our commitment to delivering a quality educational experience.
- Adopting a phased approach to in-person learning (under the guidance of the Provincial Health Officer).
PHASE 1 – MARCH TO JUNE 2020
We are currently in Phase 1 of our Return to Campus Plan
. This includes the following measures and will remain in effect until June 2020.
- Building is closed to public and students.
- Building can only be accessed by appointment.
- Employees work from home.
- Preparations for safe re-entry.
- All classes are offered remotely.
PHASE 2 – JULY 2020 (SUMMER QUARTER)
Beginning in July with the start of our Summer quarter we will begin Phase 2 of our Return to Campus plan. During Summer 2020, LCV will primarily offer classes remotely (online) with select applied classes conducted in-person (on campus), adhering to physical distancing and other public health requirements. We will maintain a clear focus on ensuring high-quality face-to-face instruction, where possible, and high-quality remote instruction.
- Building is open for limited “hands on” classes only for duration of classes.
- Physical distancing will be practiced and class size limited.
- Classes may also be live-streamed or recorded.
- Timetables will be staggered.
- Employees will continue working from home.
- All other classes will be offered remotely.
Will my classes be on campus for the Summer 2020 quarter (Phase 2)?
Program Directors have been reaching out to students whose classes will be held on campus for the Summer quarter. If you have questions about your classes, please reach out to your Program Director directly.
PHASE 3 – FALL 2020 OR WINTER 2021 (TENTATIVE)
The next phase will happen as dictated by our provincial health authority and may commence in the Fall 2020 or Winter 2021 quarters.
- Building will open and accessible.
- Campus services will be restored. (Food service, library, cage, etc)
- Portions of our classes will be offered remotely
- Some staff will be on campus while others work offsite.
- Hygiene and safety protocols will be in place until advised by public health authorities to relax them.
PHASE 4 – MID TO LATE 2021
The final phase will begin once a vaccine is in place and the pandemic has subsided.
- Health concerns of the pandemic have subsided.
- There is a vaccine.
- We will offer a more digitally enhanced learning experience.
- We will offer more virtual services to our students.
- Workplace expectations will be adjusted.
*Please note that if we have a significant second wave, we may have to move back in these phases rather than forward.
Thank you for adapting to this situation with us. We all long for the day when we can engage with other face to face on a more regular basis.
Download LaSalle College Vancouver's full Return to Campus Plan.
COVID-19 Resources for Students
Mental Health Resources for students
BC Student Aid BC
Post-Graduate Work Permit Updates